Lesson 3: Blogging Explained
Welcome to week three! How are you liking this? After two weeks do you think you understand the basics and benefits of social media? Well even if not yet completely, keep leaning into the process, and in later lessons we’ll revisit these topics. This week, you’re going to test the waters with “blogging”. We are continuing on with our lovely videos, this week discussing the whys and how-tos of the become your own writer world of “blogging”. Here’s a quick video explanation of blogging to watch before you get into the longer lesson below.
1. Watch the Blogging Explained Video
Alternate Link: Blogging Explained
2. Next, head over to this cool article: What does web design say about your small business
3. Here is a discussion of wordpress themes, and a few free wordpress themes to browse.
4. Here’s a great article about blogging, of course it’s awesome!
5. Let us know if we should talk about the design of your website. We can help!
Having watched the video, what did you learn? Is it all new information, have you heard some of it before? Your task this week is to look up some blogs for topics you’re interested in, or pertain to your business. What do you see that you like, that you don’t like? Notice the styles of different people out there. If you think a blog might be for you or your company, think like your consumer at these blogs. How would you make them different?
Send in your responses to the following questions:
- Determine your target audience. What is the demographic? Is there more than one? What are they interested in? Segment your audience as appropriate.
- Then make a list of categories of content you would like to share with each of the target segments.
- What are some important keywords about your business that you should keep in mind?
If you have questions on these videos or any other social media topic email us at email@example.com or you can search for answers on our website, InSights-Group.com or InSightsForDentists.com.